The call is open for student representatives for the Doctoral Students’ Section and various administrative organs of the University and UniOGS for 2017. The following positions are available:
- 1 chair of the Doctoral Students’ Section, member in the UniOGS Management Group
- 1 vice-chair of the Doctoral Students’ Section, vice-member in the UniOGS Management Group
- 2 members and 1 vice-member in the UniOGS Education group
- 1 member in the Research Council of the University
- 2 members and 2 vice-members in the Health and Biosciences Doctoral Training Committee
- 2 members and 2 vice-members in the Human Sciences Doctoral Training Committee
- 2 members and 2 vice-members in the Technology and Natural Sciences Doctoral Training Committee
- 2 members and 2 vice-members in the Information Technology and Electrical Engineering Doctoral Training Committee
The positions offer an excellent opportunity to participate in University decision-making and the development and quality assurance of doctoral training. The positions demand responsibility, good interaction skills and motivation towards advocating doctoral students’ interests in University decision making. Student representatives are also expected to participate in the activities of the Doctoral Students’ Section which seeks to influence the development of doctoral training and promote equal rights and well-being of doctoral students. The Section meetings are held approximately once in 1-2 months.
The applicant must be a student of UniOGS and enrolled as active for the up-coming semester. Finnish skills are considered an advantage. The Student Union offers training for the task.
More information about the open positions is available on the halloped.fi-pages: https://www.halloped.fi/en/oulu/calls. Submit your application on the halloped.fi-pages latest on Oct 31st. For submitting your application, log in to the system with your University credentials. You can apply for several positions.
In your application, please explain in your own words what is the role of the Doctoral Students’ Section at the University of Oulu, why you should be selected for the position and what you would especially like to develop in doctoral training, the position of doctoral students and the activities of the Doctoral Students’ Section. Also mention what is your major and the stage of your doctoral studies.
The applications will be discussed in the meeting of the Doctoral Students’ Section on Oct 3rd at 14:15. The meetings are open for all doctoral students and applicants are also welcome to join.
Jaana Isohätälä, chair of the Doctoral Students’ Section, firstname.lastname@example.org
Muusa Jyrkinen, Educational Affairs Specialist of the Student Union, email@example.com, 040 525 7821