Call for applications
The call is open for student representatives for the Doctoral Students’ Section and various administrative organs of the University and UniOGS for 2020. The following positions are available for the term Jan 1, 2020 to Dec 31, 2020.
In addition, there is a position for student representative in the Research Council, whose term is two years (Jan 1, 2020 to Dec 31, 2021).
- 1 chair of the Doctoral Students’ Section, member in the UniOGS Management Group
- 1 vice-chair of the Doctoral Students’ Section, deputy member in the UniOGS Management Group
- 2 members and 1 deputy member in the UniOGS Education group
- 1 member in the Research Council of the University (2-year term)
- 2 members and 2 deputy members in the Health and Biosciences Doctoral Training Committee
- 2 members and 2 deputy members in the Human Sciences Doctoral Training Committee
- 2 members and 2 deputy members in the Technology and Natural Sciences Doctoral Training Committee
- 2 members and 2 deputy members in the Information Technology and Electrical Engineering Doctoral Training Committee
The positions offer an excellent opportunity to participate in the university’s decision-making process as well as in the development and quality control of doctoral training. The positions demand responsibility, good interaction skills, and motivation towards advocating doctoral students’ interests in the university’s decision making. Student representatives also collaborate closely with the Doctoral Students’ Section by, for example, discussing topical issues of the administrative organs of the university in the Section’s meeting.
The Doctoral Students’ Section seeks to influence the development of doctoral training and promote equal rights and well-being of doctoral students. The Section meetings are held approximately once in 1–2 months.
The applicant must be a student of UniOGS and registered as attending for the up-coming semester. Finnish skills are considered an advantage but are not obligatory. The Student Union offers training for the task. The chair of the Doctoral Students’ Section must be a member of the Student Union in 2020.
More information about the open positions is available at halloped.fi: https://www.halloped.fi/en/oulu/calls.
Submit your application at halloped.fi on Nov 14, 2019 at the latest. For submitting your application, log in to the system with your University account. You can apply for several positions.
If you are applying for a Doctoral Training Committee, choose the committee of your field of studies.
In your application, please explain what do you think is the role of the Doctoral Students’ Section at the University of Oulu, why you should be selected for the position, and what you would especially like to develop in doctoral training, the position of doctoral students, and the activities of the Doctoral Students’ Section. Mention also your major in your studies and the stage of your doctoral studies.
The applications will be discussed in the meeting of the Doctoral Students’ Section in November. The meetings are open for all doctoral students and also applicants are welcome to join.
Marian Tumanyan, Chair of the Doctoral Students’ Section, firstname.lastname@example.org
Valtteri Törmänen, Academic Affairs Specialist of the Student Union, email@example.com +358 40 525 7821